- As a patrol, Scouts are to create an instructional video to minimally demonstrate the following:
- How to treat cuts, burns, open wounds, allergic reactions and animal stings / bites
- How to treat shocks and cardiac arrests
- 2 ways to bandage injuries
- As a patrol, complete ONE of the following:
Core Scouting Activities:
Propose a camp programme for a 2D1N camp that incorporates the mock campsite created in Scout Badge.
Using Google Maps or any similar software, draw out checkpoint maps for your school and 5 other attractions located within the vicinity of your school.
These attractions/checkpoints can be the same ones used in Scout Badge.
Examples of attractions are but not limited to:
– Places of Worship
– Community Centres
– Shopping Malls
Propose a menu consisting of 5 different items, the cooking methods for all 5 items as well as the type of fire used to cook them in an outdoor setting.
These 5 items can be the same ones used for Scout Badge.
- Shurdington [http://www.shurdington.org] – Backwoodsman Cooking recipes
- Discovery [https://www.discovery.com] – Types of Campfires
Knotting & Pioneering
Create an instructional video showing how to construct 3 different pioneering structures. The video must also emphasise the knots utilised for the structure.
The knots and lashings used can be the same ones used for Scout Badge.
Scouts should make use of visual aids and present their findings / tasks in either a type written report or a presentation deck.”