- Understand and write about how to take care of yourself in outdoor settings. Eg: Precautions to take while outdoors Scouts should make use of visual aids and present their findings in either a typewritten report or a presentation deck.
- Research and learn about ONE of the Core Scouting Activities and discuss with your patrol the following questions:
- The importance of the chosen Core Scouting Activity
- How each Scout plays a part in making the chosen activity successful
- Complete the following tasks attached to the chosen Core Scouting Activity
Core Scouting Activities:
Compile a collection of interesting campsites and camp gadgets in a sketchbook. The sketchbook can consist of images from online sources or hand-drawn by the Scout.
- Scout Pioneering [https://scoutpioneering.com] – Camp gadgets designs & idea
Compile a list of popular hiking/walking trails in Singapore. In your reflection, include reasons why these trails are popular.
- HONEYCOMBERS [https://thehoneycombers.com] – Natural trails in Singapore
Create a glossary of terms for outdoor cooking. Examples of outdoor cooking terms include but are not limited to:
– Mess tin
– Solid fuel
Sample Glossary Resource:
- University of Minnesota Duluth [https://www.d.umn.edu] – Glossary of Cooking Terms
Knotting & Pioneering
Learn 8 basic knots and lashing that will be useful in a pioneering project.
- OUTDOORLIFE [https://www.outdoorlife.com] – Essential Knots
Scouts should make use of visual aids and present their findings/tasks in either a typewritten report or a presentation deck.