1m. Conduct an online lesson on one of the Core Scouting Activities for your juniors pursuing the Discoverer Badge.
Create a design for a 3-in-1 camp gadget. The camp gadget must be one camp gadget that features 3 different functions. Eg: 3-in-1 shoe rack, clothesline and shoe scraper.
Using the interactive ppt. file provided, “pack” a rucksack and provide reasons why it is packed as such.
Draw out 3 different ways to arrange firewood for a fire and understand the principles of fire lighting and pit digging for outdoor cooking.
- Discovery [https://www.discovery.com] – Types of Campfires
Draw to scale a pioneering structure that uses a minimum of 3 knots or lashings.
- Andrew Miller’s Website [http://ajm.pioneeringprojects.org] – Pioneering projects
2m. Plan either a camp or an expedition with the following criteria:
– lasts for a minimum of 2D1N
– allows for the completion of a component either from the proficiency badge scheme or the progress badge scheme
– contains proper precautions and risk assessment measures
– contains an event team (eg: Overall-In-Charge, Programme IC etc)